TRAINING & classes
Rated Best In Training - Baltimore, MD
Delivering Better Careers for Over 15 Years...
Medical Learning Services Certification Workshops
A subsidiary of AAPT offers allied health continuing education and training workshops. The goal of the workshop is to provide you with the competencies necessary in allied health. It is also designed to minimize the amount of time spent in class and more importantly to save you money. The class is ideal for individuals who need to enhance their skills from previous training.
Medical Learning Services' workshops are open to AAPT’s active members and medical professionals with previous experience who provide a letter from their employer. The prior experience includes but is not limited to previously attending a phlebotomy program, CNA, EKG technicians & other medical professionals such as medical assistants, EMTs and other professionals with job responsibilities that include collecting blood samples by venipuncture or capillary method.
Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- HS graduation (or equivalent)
- Prior medical experience: (CNA, GNA, CMA, LPN, RN, EMT)
- A letter from employer indicating prior medical experience.
Intravenous Therapy (IV-T)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Currently an Allied health professional (i.e. CNAs, GNAs, LPNs, RNs, Phlebotomists and Research Assistants)
- Demonstrate proper documentation of procedure
- IV insertion & IV complications
- Hands-on Skills Lab
- Selecting a Site for IV Insertion
- Types of IV therapy equipment
Patient Care Technician (CPCT)
This course is designed to assist and prepare students to successfully pass the National PCT Certification exam.
- Proof of current Maryland CNA
- Phlebotomy procedures
- Basic IV Therapy
- Introductory EKG readings
- Monitoring vital signs